Saturday, February 23, 2013

Magnolia Down Under Challenge #184 {I Can See Clearly Now - Use Acetate} - Winner and Top 5

Well it looked like using acetate scared a few people off this week - I can't say I blame you - it is a little out of the norm. I do have to say though that when I create something for a challenge that really IS a challenge I feel I grow as a crafter - so I hope more of you give these "hard" challenges a go.

For the gals that played along this week I have to say WOW - you showed us some fabulous ways to use acetate. I think the last time I had to do something for an acetate challenge I just bought an acetate box and decorated it - who knew you could do so much with clear plastic! Unfortunately there can only be one winner though and this week we'd like to congratulate......


Katarina K {13}

What an adorable gift set Katarina has made using embossed acetate to create a window in the box so the recipient will have a sneak peek of what's inside. And then there's the beautifully detailed matching card - love it. If you want to see more of Katarina's fabulous work you can check out her blog HERE.

Katarina can you please contact us at magnoliadownunder@gmail.com to claim your winner's badge and prize. 

We also have yet another amazing Top 5 for you. These are listed in numerical order and we would like to congratulate...


The Top 5 picks are are linked back to the original entries to make it easier for you guys to go and check them out. Please grab our gorgeous Top 5 badge from the sidebar and display it proudly on your blog to let everyone know how fabulous we think your work is! 

Thanks so much for joining us all this week and we hope you'll pop back in a few hours time to check out the next challenge. 

Debbie P and the MDUC DT
xXx

7 comments:

  1. Oh I am so chuffed - thank you for choosing my mini book as one of your Top 5 ladies and a huge well done to the other winners too :)
    Hugz, Jan xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowee!! Thank you so much for choosing my Tilda shaker card in your TOP 5!! I will wear my badge with pride!!
    Hugs, Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thaks a lot for the TOP 5; is my first win!.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes a beatiful project but in the instructions katarina has followed from a norwegian blogg the acetat is a gelatin plate ( its commonly used in sweden and norway because they look like beatiful windowglass)Im just saying...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry to see you think our winner, Katarina, isn't worthy Pia, because she has used a Gelatin Sheet in place of actual acetate.

      The main part of the theme was/is "I can see clearly now" - use acetate was just a hint on something you might like to use to create that effect. - we were just trying to explain the theme, so people can understand what we were meaning. Glass, plastic, Gelatin or Acetate or anything else that you can see through would have been perfect and totally acceptable for the theme....

      You are definitely right, it is most common for it (Gelatin) to be used instead of acetate in European countries! I just wish I could get my hands on some in Australia, as it really does look so beautiful:-)

      I hope this clears up your thoughts, Pia, and anyone else's after reading your comments:-)

      We look forward to seeing what you make for the Pink and Lime challenge:-)
      Cuddles
      Karen
      xxxxxx

      Delete